Sunday, January 27, 2013

Luminous Lips-- Olivia

I am a big fan of a bold lip (even though I rarely have enough time in the morning before work to make my lips look how I'd like them to.) I like to keep up with trends, and below I have picked out at least one shade from the major color categories (red, plum, pink, nude and the one off tangerine) that is one of my favorites. I love having a plethora of lippies at hand, because most days all I need is a quick swipe of mascara and a colorful lip to get out of the door, with a look that's spot on.

This cotton candy pink shade is one that I use sparingly .. I don't think I've worn it since last Spring. It is a great shade for Spring, though, and I love how it contrasts with my dark hair. It's lip butter formula is so smooth and creamy, it feels so great on my lips! It has no scent, which some people will love. It's sheer, but can be layered.

From MACs "Hey, Sailor!" collection that came out in May '12, this lip glass in "Blessedly Rich" is one of my all time favorites. It's much more bronze in real life. It has such an amazing sparkle to it. I find that when it comes to MAC lip glasses, you either love them or hate them. They are very thick in consistency, and have a heavy vanilla scent (which I love.) This is such a great Summer shade, perfect with a tan, curls and the beach.

This L' Oreal balm in "Nourishing Nude" is my go to nude shade.  I love how glossy and slick these balms look!  Both Christina and my younger sister are repeat customers of the balms (my sister is on her 8th or so) and if you pick one up you'll know why! This nude shade is perfect, it matches my skin tone so well. Great for any time of the year, day or night.

This NARS lipstick in "Fast Ride" is easily my most favorite. I always say I feel like a vampire when I wear it, its so deliciously dark! I bought this at a Sephora, it was my answer for a dark plum lip. The formula is great, it's nice and smooth and lasts for quite some time. Be careful, though, when it does wear off the last place it leaves is the edges of your lips, and you may get caught with a lip liner/bare lip look (not cute at all!) For this reason, this lippy travels with me everywhere I go, so I am always able to touch it up! Perfect for Fall/Winter.


This shade is similar to the one above, but it is more cranberry, or red.  I am a huge fan of the mint scent of these stains, and I love the texture and consistency that the balm factor brings. The coverage on this balm is extreme, very opaque. Another shade perfect for the Fall and Winter.

I fell in love with this Fresh Sugar lip treatment as soon as I tried it. It's very sheer, but gives the lips a lovely plum stain none the less.  I love the fact that it's a treatment as well, it feels like it's healing my chapped lips as I wear it. What a lovely lemony scent as well! 

I have a lot of red lip colors in my collection, and this MAC lip glass is one of my favorites. It's just the perfect bold red lip, simple and classic. 


Being a graphic designer I went bonkers when I found out that Sephora was collaborating with Pantone (the color authority) on a new line of makeup. When tangerine was the color of the year in 2012, I picked up the set of makeup in the daring shade. I fell in love. It's such a lovely color for Summer, so fresh and vibrant. I find that when wearing this shade it's best to let the lip do all the talking, keep it very simple when it comes to eye makeup.

So there you have it! These are my go to shades, day or night, rain or shine. Maybe you'll like one too? Cheers!

-Olivia

No comments:

Post a Comment