Thursday, May 24, 2012

Try This: Easy, Beachy Waves


^ This is a really simple tutorial, similar to the process I go through on my own hair.

How to get those coveted beachy waves without stepping foot on the beach:

There are many, many ways to achieve this look; curling with a straightener, using a 3-barrel crimper, blow-drying twisted hair, etc.

I like to do this with towel-dry hair that is unbrushed.  I find that if I don't brush it after my shower, I get a lot better waves.  So be sure you get your desired part in the shower while conditioning!

In the summer, with the humidity, I especially like to use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk.  I put a quarter size amount in my hand, and then run it through my damp, unbrushed hair before I add any spray.

My favorite method is using a curling spray, products I regularly use are Garnier Fructis Curl Shaping Spray Gel, Aussie Sprunch Hair Spray, and John Frieda Dream Curls.  I find the Garnier spray gives a more 'crunchy' , piecey look, while the Aussie and John Frieda sprays are softer.

If you're looking for a more defined, neater look, once dry, I recommend using a clip-less curling iron, such as my 1" Infiniti by Conair.  For a really piecey look, alternate directions you curl; both towards your face and away.  Run your fingers or a wide-toothed comb through your curls to break them up.

Once I finish curling I smooth Aveda's Smooth Infusion through my hair, just to nicely coat my curls.  This is basically an all-in-one product.  Its good for humidity, static, smoothing, style-prep, etc.

That's it, you're done!  :)

Check out the beachy waves Pinterest gallery!





















Products:







No comments:

Post a Comment