Wednesday, August 28, 2013

DIY Compact Revival

I had multiple bronzer compacts that either had cracked pressed powder, or were simply worn out in the center.  This was ultimately making for a useless compact.  I decided to do a Google search to see if I could do anything for them.  I found this post by Lauren Conrad's Beauty Department called DIY Makeup Fixer Upper.  This post explains step-by-step how to make them almost brand new.

I'm using a Victoria's Secret and a Wet n Wild face bronzer.


The Beauty Deparment's post calls for: 70% alcohol, plastic wrap, eyeliner brush, spatula, and a dropper.

I decided to improvise when it came to gathering materials.  I ended up using: lemon-flavored vodka, a q-tip, and a spoon.

I skipped the plastic wrap and just went to town mashing up my compact powder with a q-tip.  (I removed the cotton from each end before-hand.)  Careful, depending on how hard the powder is pressed it can jump around while you're trying to break it up.  

Then I used the back of a spoon in a rocking motion to mash-up the make-up into a finer powder.

Carefully, I added small spoonfuls of the vodka to the compact, stirring with the q-tip in-between spoonfuls.  I stopped adding the vodka when it became chunky and mousse-like.


Again, I used the back of the spoon to spread the mousse around to fill the bed of the compact.   


There you have it!  Mine probably took a few hours to dry (and mine smells lemony-fresh!  ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment