Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Balm Stains

For my first post, I thought I would review something that has recently caught my eye. Now, I'm sure everyone is familiar with Clinique's Chubby Sticks, maybe even Tarte's LipSurgence balm stains. They have caught on quite quickly, due to their ease of use awesome color payoff, and moisture! Traditional stains, in a felt tip pen form have been popular for quite some time. Us girls who favor stains know how dry they are.
I have tried the Clinique version and was not that in love with it, it was moisturizing but I actually like some scent to my balms (especially with names like mega melon)and Clinique is scent free. I have never actually tried the Tarte one. I was not a fan of the prices of these stains either, the Clinique one retailing at $16; the Tarte $15. I thought all was lost, and I sort of gave up on balm stains.


And then...dun dun duuun!

 Enter Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (quite a mouthful, yes.) The company recently came out with their own line of balm stains, and OMG, are they amazing. And at only $8.99 they are a serious steal. Last week, I picked up one in Crush, a beautiful deep plum shade.
It looks different on my lips, which is a good thing in my mind. The shade on my lips is a deep, vampy red, with a plum tone to it. The balm has a wonderful minty scent and taste, and is cooling on the lips. I am sure this might be something that is not attractive to some people, but I love it. There are so many great shades to choose from, I am sure that anyone can find one that they love. The lighter shades are sheerer, while the darker ones go on quite opaque. The stain lasts a decent amount of time if you don't eat anything, less time if you do. If you come across one you like, pick it up. You won't be missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment