Saturday, December 3, 2011

I Want



I’m waiting in line at the grocery stores, looking at all the covers of the flashy magazines next to the gum and all the other random crap they stick up there.  All those glossy covers, bright letters, sleek models, and tempting articles make my mouth water.  I look at the Cosmo with Blake Lively on the front.  ’Ooh I can’t wait for Gossip Girl to come back on.  She is soo pretty…’ I think to myself.  I read the little titles surrounding her golden, unattainable body.  I snatch it off the rack and flick it onto the check-out belt.  
I get home and immediately start reading.  This thing takes hours to read!  Good thing, it was like $5 bucks.  The first few pages are all expensive brands with scary models, or all unrealistic airbrushed makeup ads.  Flipping through the pages, they are covered with beautiful celebrities doing their day-to-day thang.  Why do celebs always look so good?  Even on their days off they look glam.  Does someone do their hair in the morning?  Where are they coming from?  Ooh I want her shoes…they’re prob really expensive.  No matter where they are or what they’re doing they always look effortless.  But I know this ‘effortless’ look takes some moolah.  Some say they shop at Forever21 and Gap and stuff, but come on, use your celebrity status, get the good stuff!  Knowing that, this makes them seem even more unattainable. 
I guess you could say I feel the pressure to look like them…  Is that a girl thing?  Or is it just me…?

No comments:

Post a Comment